What to do in Kalamata
- Visit the Kalamata Castle: Explore the historical Kalamata Castle, which dates back to the 13th century. Enjoy panoramic views of the city and the Messenian Gulf from the castle's vantage points.
- Stroll Along Kalamata's Seafront: Take a leisurely walk along the city's seafront promenade. Enjoy the sea breeze, picturesque views, and visit the numerous cafes and tavernas along the way.
- Kalamata Municipal Railway Park: If you're interested in trains, visit the Municipal Railway Park, showcasing a collection of vintage trains and locomotives.
- Relax on Kalamata Beaches: Enjoy the sun and sea on the beautiful beaches of Kalamata, such as the Kalamata Municipal Beach or the sandy beach of Almyros.
- Try Kalamata Olives: Kalamata is famous for its olives. Visit local markets or olive groves to taste and purchase high-quality Kalamata olives and olive oil.
- Day Trip to Messini: Take a day trip to the ancient site of Messini, which features well-preserved ruins including a theater, stadium, and temples.
- Hike Taygetos Mountain: If you enjoy hiking, consider exploring the trails on Mount Taygetos, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Wander in the Old Town: Explore the narrow streets of Kalamata's Old Town, known for its traditional architecture, charming squares, and local shops.